Hello bloggers, we are back from our holiday to the Isle of Man. I will post about our Manx adventures over the next few days but in the meantime here is a list that I have been working on. I have seen similar lists on other blogs and found them interesting so I thought I would do the same.
100 Things About Me
1. I am of Manx, Scottish and English heritage but an all Australian girl.
2. My favourite colour is blue.
3. I am the eldest of two children.
4. I am absolutely in love with my husband and can not imagine what my life would be without him.
5. I have three children; one boy and two girls.
6. I own a pair of white glittery ten-high lace-up Doc Martins and wore them to my cousins wedding.
7. I love the beach but hate sand as it gets everywhere.
8. I love to garden.
9. I have been to New Orleans in Louisiana.
10. I have fought my way through the crowds to see the Mona Lisa.
11. There are 87 people in my family.
12. I was born in the Northern Territory but grew up in Queensland in Australia.
13. I was a school councillor at during high school (the type in the Student Council not the therapy kind).
14. I have travelled to Florence, Italy and bought way too many handbags.
15. I love all animals (except cane toads but they’re really amphibians).
16. I own two cats; one in Guernsey and one in Brisbane who lives with my sister.
17. I own 96 cookbooks.
18. I love going to fairs, fetes and shows to see all the home made things.
19. I have green eyes.
20. I hate cane toads, they make my skin crawl.
21. I love to travel.
22. I studied journalism at University.
23. My favourite author is Anne McCaffrey.
24. I love sushi.
25. I have been to New York.
26. I used to ride horses.
27. I want to learn to fire a shot gun.
28. My favourite actor is Dame Judi Dench.
29. I drink carrot, celery and ginger juice when I can; it is an instant boost.
30. I collect Shorter and Son Waterlily china.
31. I did not pass my driving licence until I was 27 years old.
32. I have a dodgy knee.
33. I love to cook.
34. I love Edith Piaf.
35. I am learning the piano.
36. I have been to the top of the Empire State Building at night.
37. I love to decorate cakes, especially for my kids.
38. I go to the gym to improve my dodgy knee, amongst other things.
39. I enjoy eating all vegetables and fruit; I’ve never found one I didn’t like.
40. I have been to Baton Rouge in Louisiana.
41. I am addicted to period drama like Pride and Prejudice and Lost in Austen and have a very large DVD collection of these.
42. I have been to the top of the World Trade Centre and it is very strange to think it is no longer there.
43. I love Prince and went to his concert in Brisbane in the 90s.
44. I have travelled to Greece.
45. I have been to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
46. I love to keep chickens and hope we will be able to get some soon.
47. We grow our own vegetables.
48. I travelled to Hong Kong with my one of my best friends when I was 20.
49. I want my children to be confident and free thinkers so they can see their way. through all the media hype and find true happiness in their lives.
50. I was the third tallest girl in my graduating class in high school.
51. I love fresh seafood.
52. I have been to the Sistine Chapel – Wow what an amazing sight.
53. One day I want to make my own mayonnaise and a soufflé.
54. I would like to do a wine course to learn about wine and its relationship to food i.e. what tastes good with what.
55. I would like to learn to crotchet.
56. I have been to Venice but missed out on a gondola ride because of bad weather.
57. I think Maggie Beer, an Australian cook, is fabulous and hope to be as relaxed and knowledgeable in the kitchen as she is one day.
58. I love mangoes.
59. I had my ears pierced when I was 10 years old.
60. I had my right ear pierced again when I was 18 years old.
61. I had my Mum’s engagement ring made into an earring and wear it all the time.
62. I dream in colour.
63. I am a Scorpio
64. I adore fresh flowers and wish I could have them in the house all the time.
65. I have travelled around New Zealand, both the North and the South Islands.
66. I have eaten Escargot and enjoyed them.
67. I want to visit Ularoo (Ayres Rock).
68. I went to my 10 year high school reunion and got horribly drunk – not the best evening I must say. What a dork!
69. I drink two cups of coffee with my husband every morning and do not drink any other caffeine for the rest of the day as it stops me sleeping.
70. I have been to Rome but only for one day and would love to go back.
71. When I die I want to be able to look back on my life with no major regrets.
72. I try to live by the philosophy of ‘just give it a go, if you fail it is not going to kill you now is it.’
73. I need to learn to relax and slow down more.
74. I have learnt that true friendship is one of life’s greatest gifts and I have been blessed with it three times over.
75. I worked in various Banks over a eight year period and hated it but it paid the bills.
76. I was a Girl Guide but not a Brownie.
77. I am a ‘clean skin’.
78. I have thought about getting a tattoo but then I think about what it will look like when I’m 70 and change my mind.
79. I have been to five of the eight States in Australia.
80. I collect Poole Delphis Ware pottery
81. I never want to be part of the ‘Gunna’ Brigade, I’d rather be an ‘I gave it a go’ or ‘I did it’.
82. I am finding writing 100 things about me harder than I thought – I don’t want to sound like an egomaniac psycho.
83. I have a 4cm scar on my left foot from a cat scratch; you can see where the cat’s claw went in and ripped along the top of my foot.
84. I have been to the Isle of Man three times; once when I was 6, again when I was 22 and just last week.
85. I failed Maths in high school.
86. I would love to learn to all forms of ballroom dance.
87. My middle name is the same as one of my best friend’s first name and when I told her this she didn’t believe me so I had to take her to the library and show her my borrowing card (in high school).
89. I drive a manual car.
90. I am the Secretary of our school’s PTA.
91. I love giving parties, be they dinner, birthday or just for the hell of it.
92. I made my own wedding cake and a friend’s wedding cake and my sister’s wedding cake.
93. I got married in my Mum’s lounge room next to the Christmas tree as we were supposed to be married in the Great Court at the University of Queensland but it poured with rain.
94. We had our reception at home and catered it ourselves.
95. I have very thick hair; if I wash it in the morning and leave it to dry naturally it is still wet the next day.
96. I once cut my hair really short and dyed it blonde but it ended up the colour of straw and looked truly dreadful so I never did it again.
97. I believe in the three ‘R’s: Respect for yourself, Respect for others and Responsibility for all your actions.
98. I learnt the hard way not to let an argument destroy a wonderful relationship.
99. I treasure my family and miss them every day.
100. I have learnt not to compare myself to other people as there will always be someone prettier, thinner, richer or smarter; comparison will never make you happy. I have learnt to like myself whilst wanting to improve myself each day; to be a better mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter, and person.