Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Flowers from the PTA


I have run the school's Parent and Teachers Association at the B1 and B2's school for the past four and a half years.

There are over thirty people on the PTA now; there were only eight when I first started. I don't mind doing the work but the management of all those personalities gets me down after a while. I think people tend to forget that there is only one of me and thirty plus of them and they all have ideas about how things should be done and what we should be doing. Over the years I have learnt to take the attitude of 'This is how we are going to do it because after all I am the one doing the work so I will do it my way, if you want to do it a different way then you can do the work!' It may sound exceedingly bossy but it kept me sane - you can't please everyone, so I stopped trying.



For the past two years I have been trying to resign but I always get talked into staying. This year I did manage to downsize the job to an organisational role plus running the BBQ - which was a HUGE relief.


This arrived on my doorstep the week after the PTA AGM; it is from the PTA to say thankyou for staying on and keeping them on the straight and narrow. Thankyou PTA for the beautiful flowers and thankyou to all the people who volunteered to take on some of the workload. I think we can look forward to a fabulous fundraising year!

No comments:

Post a Comment