Thursday, March 1, 2012

Book - Depletion and Abundance


In my quest to understand the full implications of a variety of environmental topics I have come across this book by Sharon Astyk.

Sharon's views are quite extreme; that is not to say they are incorrect, just extreme.

She has some very useful tips and makes many valid points about peak oil, climate change and the manner in which these two things are possibly going to effect our modern way of life.

I found this book quite disturbing to read but perhaps that is a good thing as it made me think about preparedness and my general lack of it if the world did go to pot.

I think I would rather be prepared and have nothing happen than to ignore the signs and not be able to take care of my family.

Would I recommended this book? I think I would but I believe it needs to be read in conjunction with other books on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment