Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spring Blossoms

Originating from a sub-tropical climate I have never had the opportunity to experience the true loveliness of Spring blossoms.

The temperatures in Brisbane never get cold enough for them to flower properly.

A few brave, die-hard Brisbane gardeners do try to grow them but their displays are nothing compared to the blooms I have had the pleasure of seeing since we moved to Guernsey.

Their flowering period is only brief but oh so worth the wait.


Most of the blossoms I have come across are not scented, mores the pity.

They remind me of frothy, frilly, pink and white dresses you might imagine princesses or fairies wearing; the type of dress which held all the joy and wonder of childhood.

They will all have disappeared in a few short weeks and then my wait will begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment