Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pink Saturday - Maling

For Pink Saturday this week I have chosen to show my Maling rose vase and dish. The Maling factory opened in 1762 and closed its doors in 1963. You can read more on the history of Maling here.

I have admired Maling pottery for a number of years but would never dreamed of purchasing any in Australia due to the high price tags they command.

Since moving to Guernsey, however, and having access to UK Ebay and all its sellers, not just those who will post to Australia, I have been able to start a small collection for a reasonable price.

I love the iridescent glazes they used in their works. The rainbow effect allows them to be displayed with a larger variety of other coloured pieces; although to be honest I have these on my 'pink' shelf in my kitchen.

I have not done much research into this pattern as yet so I do not know how many shapes there are available. I have only seen two other styles so far, a small bowl and a jug, so my husband need not sweat bricks over being swamped by rosy rainbow pottery.

Thankyou for paying me a visit and thankyou to Beverly of How Sweet the Sound for once again hosting 'Pink Saturday'. Please go to her blog to see all the other pink people participating (I love a little alliteration in the morning ;P).

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those are all absolutely lovely, now my curiousity is up for sure, have to go and check out more!!! Thank you for sharing. Beautiful!!!
    Happy Pink Saturday
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!
    *´¨)
    ¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
    (¸.*´ (¸.*´* HAPPY PINK SATURDAY *

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pinks are just pink-a-licious! Pink Saturday, the one day of the week, other than in my home, where I see pink all around me and it's just sheer joy to the senses!

    Have a wonderful weekend. I hope the days bring you all the blessings, grace and peace your ♥ seeks to find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely! I haven't ever seen anything like that. It's very pretty!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never say never, see, you are on your way to a great collection of gorgeous pieces, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Just lovely and what a wonderful collection to start. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pieces and so interesting to read about the company, thanks for sharing!
    ~*Happy Pink Saturday*~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely GORGEOUS vase! What a treasure!

    Have a great Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are beautiful pieces! What a great thing to collect! Thank You about the history of the company and the pieces. It is always nice to find out what something is and where it came from!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Pink Saturday and those pieces are gorgeous!! They have a soft and dreamy look to them.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such precious pieces. Enjoyed the background on the pottery, too. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pieces are beautiful! Have a wonderful PINK day..Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I share your passion for collecting pottery and it's easy to see why you have chosen Maling. happy pink, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never heard of Maling. Thanks for sharing it with us! It's beautiful. I can't believe it's been around since 1762! Amazing. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fabulous! Thanks for teaching me something new.
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  17. sorry i'm so late visiting for pink saturday-it takes me a while to get there sometimes! your collection of maling ware is so pretty-thanks for sharing!! happy pink week!

    ReplyDelete